Cannabis Infused Side Dishes for Your First COVID Thanksgiving
You’ve heard of weed-stuffed turkeys, but what about the side dishes? With our first COVID Thanksgiving around the corner, we have to accept that the holidays will be different this year. Maybe you’ll have less family at the table, or some of your guests will be virtual. For many, this is a huge bummer. However, it’s nothing some weed-infused Thanksgiving side dishes can’t fix.
November 25, 2020
There’s no better pairing for this food-centric holiday than cannabis. So let’s take a look at three easy-to-make side dishes for your first COVID Thanksgiving.
Cannabis-infused stuffing recipe
It’s not a Thanksgiving until the stuffing comes out, and we’ve got a recipe to elevate this beloved side dish. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large loaf of bread, cubed, left out overnight
- 3-4 tbsp of cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sage, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
Weed-infused stuffing steps
If you’ve ever made stuffing before, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy similar making infused stuffing is. All you have to do is swap out the butter or oil for your own cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil and the recipe will come together.
- Bake the cubed bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to flip once to prevent burning any sides.
- While your bread is baking, slowly saute the celery and onion in 2 tbsp of your cannabis-infused butter or oil on medium-low. DO NOT EXCEED MEDIUM HEAT. Saute until translucent, about 5-10 minutes
- Add garlic, sage, and thyme. Saute for another 5 minutes on medium-low.
- In a large baking dish, combine the toasted bread and sauteed mixture.
- Add the vegetable or chicken stock slowly. Make sure the bread is fully wet with no dry spots, but be sure not to soak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the stuffing mixture across the baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until it has a nice crispy top.
And there you go! Cannabis-infused stuffing that is sure to please everyone for Thanksgiving.
Marijuana mashed potatoes
We’ve shared this recipe before, and it’s super fitting for the occasion. We’ll stick to the same recipe we shared for stoner lunch ideas but double it so you can enjoy the leftovers for days to come. This should make about eight servings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 lbs of your favorite mashing potatoes
- 8 tbsp cannabutter
- 8 tbsp sour cream or cream cheese
- ½ to 1 cup of milk
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marijuana mashed potatoes steps
- Cut all of the potatoes into halves or quarters to make medium-sized pieces.
- Add potatoes to a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Boil until fork-tender, between 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the boiled potatoes, peel off the skin
- Add cannabutter, garlic, and sour cream to the bowl with a splash of milk.
- Begin mashing, adding a small amount of milk continuously until you reach the optimal consistency.
- Mix with salt and pepper.
It’s easy as that! Don’t have cannabutter on hand? We show you how to make a small batch at the bottom of this page.
Cannabis cranberry sauce
What’s a Thanksgiving dinner without the cranberry sauce? We can’t resist the opportunity to make an infused cranberry concoction for the holidays, especially when it’s so easy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water or orange juice
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- Plain, citrus, or cinnamon-flavored cannabis tincture
- Optional: a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
berry sauce steps
- Rinse and strain your cranberries to remove any impurities. Throw out cranberries that look bruised or damaged.
- Fill a saucepan with the water or orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir in cranberries and reduce heat to medium. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until all of the berries appear to have “burst.”
- Stir in the desired amount of cannabis tincture. Add spices if you’d like.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Store in the fridge after the sauce has cooled at room temperature.
We love this infused side dish and recommend it if you’re looking for an easy way to elevate part of your meal. Since it doesn’t require you to make your own cannabutter or coconut oil, you can save a lot of time in preparation for this recipe.
Additionally, some tinctures are flavored perfectly to mix in with cranberry sauce flavors. Citrusy tinctures are a great complement to the unique cranberry sauce flavor. Plain tinctures will work well too, so long as you don’t dump a bunch in. The strong cranberry flavor and sugar should cancel out a lot of the earthy flavor we come to expect from a cannabis tincture.
Just avoid flavored tinctures that would clash with cranberry sauce, such as mint.
Can I add cannabis tinctures to the other recipes?
Yes! If you don’t want to make cannabutter, there is an easy fix to infuse your Thanksgiving side dishes: just stir in some tincture.
For the stuffing recipe, you’ll want to add the tincture when stirring in the vegetable or chicken broth. For the mashed potatoes, just stir some in with the garlic and sour cream and start mashing!
Tinctures are great because they allow easy precision for dosage. Just keep in mind that when you consume tinctures orally rather than under the tongue, you’ll lose a little potency. So if you typically take a certain dose under the tongue, you’ll want to add a little extra to your recipe to account for digestion.
3 Recommended Tinctures For Making Cannabis Infused Thanksgiving Side Dishes
It’s that time of the year, you’re either the type of person who gets overly excited when they see a long complicated recipe, or you’re the exact opposite! For those who’s lazy-I-don’t-want-to-do-more meter is hitting an all time high (Covid, elections, climate, etc), we’ve created this quick list of our favorite tinctures to use when making your infused thanksgiving dinner to save you some time!
Want to search for your own tincture at Piece of Mind Cannabis? Select your location below!
Featuring CBD 1:1 Balance Tincture by Ceres.
Formulated with Siberian Ginseng, St Johns Wort and Spirulina, this health-enhancing formula supports the body to balance mood and better handle stress and fatigue on a daily basis. Add CBD 1:1 Balance Tincture by Ceres to your cart today! Located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle! Ingredients: MCT, Avocado Oil, Cannabis Distillate.
Featuring Lifestyle Sativa Tincture by Fairwinds
All-natural ingredients, fortified cannabis terpenes & premium flower extracted cannabis oil blended in avocado oil puts these tinctures on a shelf above the rest. Not only has avocado oil attained prescription drug and food supplement status in Europe for its anti-inflammatory properties, it also enhances bio-availability, doesn’t feel/taste oily and has a neutral flavor.1 On top of everything else, Avocado oil is an excellent source for Omega-3, 6 & 9’s, and has the highest temperature rating for cooking, making it ideal for culinary ventures. Add Lifestyle Sativa Tincture by Fairwinds to your cart and place your pre-order for pick up, today!
Featuring CBD:THC 2:1 Water Tincture by Green Revolution
This 2-1 CBD-THC ratio water tincture provides the relief and comfort of CBD balanced with the psychotropic effects of THC. With 10mg CBD + 5mg THC in each dropper, you can easily measure and control your cannabinoid consumption. Add CBD:THC 2:1 Water Tincture by Green Revolution to your cart and place your pre-order for pick up, today!
Ready for an infused COVID Thanksgiving?
It’s going to be a different holiday than years past and we can’t help but think some cannabis will take it to the next level. Go ahead and serve up an infused Thanksgiving.
Need some green or the perfect tincture for your weed-infused Thanksgiving side dishes? Stop by Piece of Mind and say high today!
Green Wednesday, Black Friday and Cyber Monday! Click for details!
Piece of Mind Cannabis is a medical marijuana and recreational Cannabis dispensary with locations in North Spokane, South Spokane, Bellingham, Pullman and Anchorage!